Purdy Contracts Limited, part of Kinovo Plc, have an opportunity for a Commercial Supervisor to join their team, covering a repair and maintenance contract, based from our new Erith office, DA8.
- Responsible for the back-office support function, validation, reconciliation and commercial administration of the Contract. You will monitor completion of jobs against receipt of information and provide accurate information to the wider Commercial Supervisory and Finance Team.
- To ensure costs are kept to a minimum, value recovery is maximised, and the company is not exposed to undue financial risk
- Ensure Contracts are delivered within budget and in line with Company procedures and objectives all with assistance where necessary.
- Develop and implement best practice, ensuring the Company complies with contractual legislation & requirements, using approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to commercial reporting
- Work proactively with Managers to establish and maintain robust reporting systems
- Produce and issue valuations in accordance with the contract documents, including cost valuation reconciliation.
- Ensure adequate process is agreed with our Clients for timely submission and authorisation of valuations to ensure Invoices are submitted within the correct months.
- Identify and properly value all variations to the contract in consultation with the Contract Managers
- Undertake audits on individual job margins and maintain audited standards. Lead the drive for continual improvement of these standards throughout the company.
- Be fully competent in MS Office and other company specific applications with exceptional mathematical skills.
- Have an understanding of SOR coding, bespoke rates, basket rates, costing and invoicing.
- Experienced in frameworks and social housing projects, with particular emphasis on pricing/costing/estimating and budget management.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets and prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and ability to check own and others’ work.
Relevant Trade background a distinct advantage for pricing knowledge.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Annual pay review linked to our Appraisal cycle
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Share Incentive Plan
- Cycle to Work Green Bike Scheme
- CPD and sponsorship through professional qualifications
We are particularly keen to hear from people who share our Company’s values; being committed to making a real difference to the lives of the people whose homes we repair and maintain. Our Company Values include emphasis on teamwork, honesty and integrity in all that we do. We are an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer; we celebrate diversity and inclusion across our workforce and welcome applications from all.
We advertise all our vacancies internally before going to the external market.
If you like the idea of joining a long-established, successful and reputable company, and becoming part of a successful and growing Group offering genuine career opportunities, then please get in touch or apply to join our team.
If you would like your personal details removed from our recruitment database please email our HR department.